sister_raphael: doingart (doingart)
[personal profile] sister_raphael


The paint removal didn't go as well as I had hoped. I tried scrubbing since it looked like craft paint. Then sanding since it is unglazed. Neither of those removed the paint entirely. Then I just painted over it With terracotta paint.

. I let this dry, all it needs is another coat of paint and a tidy up, and it's finished! Bohun Psalter. f162 or 164 (from memory) I've always enjoyed her head cushion, buttoned hoods and boots! 

And this sexy jug, of course! 

Date: 21 June 2026 08:56 am (UTC)
cmcmck: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cmcmck
I have some Bohun ancestry via Eleanor Bohun (1310-1363). It's pronounced 'Boon'.

Date: 21 June 2026 01:38 pm (UTC)
cmcmck: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cmcmck
I studied early English literature as an undergrad before I caught history and the pronunciation came up somewhere. It comes from the French de Bohun family and they'd pronounce it bo-un so I suspect it's an English corruption.

Date: 21 June 2026 09:55 am (UTC)
elwendell: (Default)
From: [personal profile] elwendell
That looks very believable. I don't think anyone would notice it was painted.

Date: 21 June 2026 09:00 pm (UTC)
siglinde999: (Default)
From: [personal profile] siglinde999
Nice!

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
23 4567 8
91011 12 13 14 15
16 1718192021 22
23 24 2526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated 13 September 2026 06:39 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios