Jouster fangirl
13 July 2026 09:18 am
Are you even a ridiculous jouster fangirl if you don't pester them for signatures over breakfast? THANK YOU! You are the rockstars of our events!
The one I know better than others and those I count as friends were a bit bemused, because, and these are their words, we don't think of ourselves as special, really, which is nothing short of hilarious!
Sir Phillip Leitch riding the most beautiful stallion in the world, Valliant, won the overall championship, but there were lots of exciting moments throughout the competition! One jouster was having lance issues and withdrew from the competition, but because the scores were so close she refused to let anyone ride in her place so her opponant could still compete and not lose points, so she rode without a lance!!!!! to allow herself to be a target. She did 6 passes all up without a lance presenting herself as the besy target possible and in doing so won the admiration of everyone who knows anything about jousting.
Allowing another rider to sub in for her would have risked injury to horse, armour and rider which may have taken them out of the comp (all for no points themselves as it was a sub round, not their own round) and making her opponants not miss out on riding to compete for their own points was an exceptionally selfless and chivalric thing to do.
I'll say it again. Jousters. Are. Rockstars.
no subject
Date: 22 July 2026 08:40 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 13 August 2026 04:26 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 22 July 2026 09:02 am (UTC)He had no problems at all.
no subject
Date: 13 August 2026 04:26 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 23 July 2026 02:47 pm (UTC)I would fangirl over a jouster to an embarrassing degree. I was at a reenactment of some kind at a castle (I want to say Warwick but I have no real basis for this) in my teens and I remember watching the joust on tenterhooks like I never have for any sport. Presumably catching me staring one of them waved at me and I vividly remember feeling like I was just acknowledged by a rock star.
It requires significant skill and must surely be dangerous? Of course we think they’re awesome.
no subject
Date: 13 August 2026 04:28 am (UTC)